WALK IN HER SHOES 103KM RELAY CELEBRATING 103 YEARS OF INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
Vancouver’s Sarah Jamieson, founder of RUN4ACAUSE joins forces once again with CARE Canada for the annual Walk In Her Shoes campaign. An annual run event, that aims to empower women and girls globally.
Vancouver, January 31 2014 – To help break the cycle of poverty and in celebration of the 103 years of international women’s day (IWD), Sarah Jamieson of RUN4ACAUSE & CARE Canada want to empower Vancouverites to join a Walk In Her Shoes 103km relay team.
Who is CARE?
CARE focuses on global issues such as maternal and child health, education, economic empowerment, adaptation to climate change and emergency relief. The necessities to empowering women, children and whole communities through the ability to live, learn and earn.
CARE Canada’s staff, many of whom are citizens of the countries in which CARE works, help strengthen communities through an array of programs that work to create lasting solutions to root causes of poverty.
What is Walk In Her Shoes?
She needs to walk an average of 6km per day to gather the things she needs to keep her family alive. CARE & RUN4ACAUSE are challenging you to try and experience what this is like. On Sunday March 9th, join thousands of Canadians in celebration of International Women’s Day to empower women and girls to fight global poverty – Join Walk In Her Shoes.
How Can You Help?
RUN4ACAUSE & CARE are challenging Vancouverites to participate in our 2014 Walk in Her Shoes campaign. This 103km relay is divided into 8 relay legs ranging from 10km – 12km in length and each supports a specific CARE project. You can join as part of a team and run or walk at your own pace or become a run ambassador. As a run ambassador, participant or volunteer you inspire your community to help CARE empower women and girls in the developing world.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Sign up to be a Run Ambassador and build a team for your relay leg, supporting a specific CARE project.
- Join a relay team, walk or run at your own pace.
- Raise funds to help women and girls fight global poverty.
This is your chance to…
- Learn more about global issues.
- Become physically active.
- Inspire girls around the globe.
What Impact Can you Make:
Your support and donation is then leveraged at 3:1 ratios by our Canadian Government; thereby increasing the impact! All projects are instrumental towards empowering women and girls around the world.
What the numbers tell us:
- When women earn an income, they reinvest 90 percent of it in their families
- For every year a girl spends in school she raises her family income by up to 20 percent
- Educated girls grow into educated women, who have healthier babies and are more likely to educate their children
- When a girl in the developing world receives seven years of education, she marries four years later and has 2.2 fewer children
- Engaging men, boys, girls, and women can transform gender roles and increase gender equality.
To register contact Sarah Jamieson @ 604 789 0203 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.